Sunday, June 22, 2008

West Highland Way Race - result

A few days ago I mentioned the West Highland Way Race - a 95 mile ultra marathon through the heart of the West Highlands of Scotland from the suburbs of Glasgow to Fort William - was held this weekend.

John Kynaston has been posting details of his preparation in a blog and he has just reported that he finished in sub-20 hours!!

What an amazing race. The basic details ....
I finished 11th in a time of 19hours 59mins 33secs!!!

I can't begin to describe what it feels like but I will be trying over the next few days. I set off aiming for 21hrs 30mins and thinking that if all goes well I might be able to achieve 20hrs 30mins but never in my wildest dreams did I think a sub 20hrs was really possible.


Amazing. I will be looking forward to reading his detailed race report. Sadly not everyone finished - this guy is gutted that he had to pull out after 27 miles.

No comments: