I've a couple of posts in draft that I will get up soon - an update / reflection on Dry January and some thoughts on the scheduling benefits of short workouts if your life is busy. Before that though, I am pointing to something else. However, I wanted to highlight something that is coming this weekend that I've been involved in. Amber Rogers (Gokaleo and author of Taking Up Space ) has been pulling together a bundle of books from various authors with a common theme, one that I've been pushing here recently. Keep it simple, avoid the hype, be patient, be consistent and flee the gurus. I've talked before about how we get obsessed with pushing for more and more, when enough is OK. I've given my view that so much of the health and fitness internet world is more like a gnostic religion than something that will benefit your life. There are other voices out there saying similar things and I'll be pointing to a bundle of books later this week ...
Comments
If you want to maximize this exercise, resist any movement at from the chest to the knees. Compensatory movement makes this video a disaster. harsh but true.
Spoken like a true internet expert...someone that's read everything and still knows absolutely nothing.
I would love to know exactly how you think this exercise can be maximised? Inform everyone exactly why you think the compensatory movement is a disaster? I mean...I know exactly why you 'think' that. Before I say more though I'd like to see you make yourself out to be as stupid and ignorant as I'm sure you can be...I'm all about seeing people reach their full potential and I'm sure you are only just touching on yours.
I doubt whether anonymous will respond.
All the best
No worries. I am just putting a response together to this cutting and insightful criticism. I was in tears when I read it and I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight...in fact having had this mirror held up to me I am actually reconsidering my entire choice of profession. Glad you like the blog.