I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was taking part in "Dry January". I didn't make a big song and dance about it, but I decided to go for a calendar month or so with no alcohol. A few people have asked me about my experience, so here are a few points. Why take a break from drinking? Alcohol is an interesting topic. As a drug it is widely accepted in society, central to so much of our socialising and leisure. There seem to be lots of health benefits - so we are told - yet there are also a lot of problems in terms of health, relationships and lifestyle that come from drinking. Over a few years I'd begun to become aware and then concerned that I was drinking too much and too regularly. I am in a busy and stressful job and sometimes a glass of wine after work to relax is really helpful. But over time, one glass became two. Two glasses became ....I might as well finish the bottle. A habit got established....and was starting to get too e...
.......interesting things about fitness, strength, diet and performance.

Comments
Everyone was in an uproar...manufacturers took notice...then the fire storm subsided...then it was back to business as usual. No one even talks about anymore today much.
Sad and a bit scary how complacent most people really are.
Thanks for sharing Chris, the numbers are quite staggering.
Marc
However, if you believe in getting the benefits of cosmetics while exposing yourself to minuscule risk to health, then use away.
Using cosmetics without these ingredients are not ANY safer than ones with the ingredients. The safest thing to do is to avoid cosmetics.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1002/jat.1786/asset/jat1786.pdf;jsessionid=D609B7DB3B93B9A51CEF0E57F558EE3D.d04t04?v=1&t=gy99hk1c&s=722f87bb41e8a48a488343df7cad6b18fed6dfb5
Studies by Darbe 2004 et al available and easy to access.
Do you put your trust in the FDA???
Commercial interest lobbies have hurt their credibility just a "tad".
http://personalcaretruth.com/2011/03/the-eu-has-banned-over-1000-chemicals-the-fda-has-only-banned-9/
And a bit of a reality check for the group behind the Campaign For Safe Cosmetics (the EWG):
http://personalcaretruth.com/2010/07/who-is-the-environmental-working-group-ewg/
Plus exposes about the CFSC's Skin Deep database@
http://personalcaretruth.com/2010/05/skin-deep-scratching-below-the-surface/
http://personalcaretruth.com/2011/03/if-you-take-the-skin-deep-database-seriously-read-this/
It is not my article. I just posted the infographic that I saw somewhere.
Thanks for the links so that people can see your side. How objective are "Personal Care Truth" by the way? They describe themselves as "a group of independent cosmetic business owners who represent the interests of the cosmetics industry". It is like reading a defence of sugar written by sugar producers. They may be correct or might not be, but they certainly have a vested interest in this.
The FDA only regulates the artificial colors used in cosmetics.....thanks to the 1983 act from the FD&C ..... The cosmetics lobbyists made a smart commercial move.
In any event, after looking more closely at your site I understand why your adamant about your position,
I go by a pretty simple mantra in life
"would you rather be right, or rather be happy"
I always choose happy..
Good luck with your business. Looks like you're on top of it!
Marc