The blog will be quiet for a while. My dad has died, released from his dementia at last.
I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was taking part in "Dry January". I didn't make a big song and dance about it, but I decided to go for a calendar month or so with no alcohol. A few people have asked me about my experience, so here are a few points. Why take a break from drinking? Alcohol is an interesting topic. As a drug it is widely accepted in society, central to so much of our socialising and leisure. There seem to be lots of health benefits - so we are told - yet there are also a lot of problems in terms of health, relationships and lifestyle that come from drinking. Over a few years I'd begun to become aware and then concerned that I was drinking too much and too regularly. I am in a busy and stressful job and sometimes a glass of wine after work to relax is really helpful. But over time, one glass became two. Two glasses became ....I might as well finish the bottle. A habit got established....and was starting to get too e...
Comments
Brian
Having recently lost a parent myself, I know no words are ever right or enough. May you find peace through this difficult time.
{{{{{Chris Highcock}}}}}
I haven't commented before. It can be odd, this internet thing, that can be about information rather than human emotion. Your postings about your father, though, changed all that. My thoughts are with you and your family, sorry for your loss.
You've helped thousands of us anonymous readers live a better, healthier life,
so please now imagine us, spread out over the globe sending back our thoughts and prayers
-Abhay
Chris, may God comfort you and your family a this sad time.
-Steve
Very sorry to hear about your loss and wish you the very best Chris
Condolences to you and your family.
anna
I'm sorry for your loss.
It is a tough time but ok. I will write more in a few days.
Thanks again
Chris
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I hope you have many positive memories with him that will transcend his passing.
-Ken
-- Anthony
I am really sorry to hear about your Dad. I know from the blog how tough his dementia was on you, as well as him.
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Justin
From a quiet but consistent follower of your blog.
My thoughts are with you and your family. The entrance to Eiheiji reads: "The great matter is birth and death. Life slips past and time is gone. Wake up! Wake up! Do not waste time."
Thank you for providing a resource for awakening and helping us make the most of our time.
Take care, my friend.
My thoughts are with you and your family. The entrance to Eiheiji reads: "The great matter is birth and death. Life slips past and time is gone. Wake up! Wake up! Do not waste time."
Thank you for providing a resource for awakening and helping us make the most of our time.
Take care, my friend.
My thoughts are with you and your family. The entrance to Eiheiji reads: "The great matter is birth and death. Life slips past and time is gone. Wake up! Wake up! Do not waste time."
Thank you for providing a resource for awakening and helping us make the most of our time.
Take care, my friend.