I've been trying to master this exercise recently for the "core" strength and balance it brings. Really hits the hamstrings too and promotes shoulder stability. Or so I am told...
However, one question I have is "is this functional?" I am trying to think through whether this has an real world application. I am thinking that it does - not that this is an everyday movement pattern, but that it strengthens aspects of everyday patterns and adds stability and balance....Any ideas?
First of all demonstrated by Anthony DiLuglio:
Then by Steve Cotter
However, one question I have is "is this functional?" I am trying to think through whether this has an real world application. I am thinking that it does - not that this is an everyday movement pattern, but that it strengthens aspects of everyday patterns and adds stability and balance....Any ideas?
First of all demonstrated by Anthony DiLuglio:
Then by Steve Cotter
Comments
Surely fitness balls are trendy too?