Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Digest.....

I think I have written before that a (the?) major purpose of this blog is that it allows me to index things that I find of interest in this area.

So, without much commentary here are three things I wanted to get recorded:






  • And finally....Effect of Dietary Fat on Serum and Intramyocellular Lipids and Running Performance - The results suggest that reducing IMCL via 3-d consumption of a LFAT (low fat) diet does not impair running performance lasting a little over 2 h (compared with 3-d consumption of a MFAT ( medium fat) diet plus 1-d glycogen normalization), but that even short-term consumption of a LFAT (low fat) diet may unfavourably alter serum lipids, even in healthy, endurance-trained runners. That is actually fairly damning for the low fat / healthy diet crew - a low fat diet messes up you lipid profile! Pass the butter, I'm going for a run. (and that may even protect me from injury!)

No comments: