Inspired by Asclepius I've bought a copy of Chris Sommer's book Building the Gymnastic Body.I might put a proper review up soon, but I am really enjoying the book. you can tell he publishes it himself in that it is not the best quality printing or binding, but it is good enough. His contention is that gymnastic training is actually the most effective means of building strength and he provides a series of progressions to get you to be effective at a range of gymnastic moves.
What I really want to achieve is a planche....just because they look so cool. I'm currently using the progression in the article here. It will take a while but I am progressing.
There are some amazing articles on YouTube from Sommer. For all you jump fans,check out this one:
Comments
I've been working on the planche for a while. It's a long trek, but I think I'm almost there. We'll have to compare notes.
Cheers,
Adam