Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ross on Nutrition

Here is a great quote from Ross Enamait:

Nutrition

I strongly believe that clean eating contributes to my ability to recover from less than optimal sleep conditions. I don’t believe in micro-managing the eating process, but I do believe in clean eating. My nutritional strategy is very simple. I eat real food (ex. fruits, veggies, fish, meat, etc.) when I’m hungry, and I don’t eat any artificial and/or processed junk. That’s it. I have better things to do with my time than counting how much of this or that nutrient has been consumed in this or that meal. My ancestors did pretty well without calculating zones and nutrient ratios on the abacus, so I see no reason to change. I never get sick, recover quickly from training, and feel good throughout the day. If it isn’t broken, I see no reason to fix it. Find what works for you. That’s the best nutritional advice I ever heard, so now I’m giving it to you.

I like Ross's material: simple and motivational but effective. His books are superb.



(there is a host of other good stuff in the article that came from)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like Ross's message as well. Simple, no gimmicks and high intensity wins every time.