Skip to main content

Tim Ferriss on "The 4-Hour Body"

Love him or hate him?

Comments

Buzzer said…
I liked the presentation. Getting the book now.

He's a master of marketing for sure.
Anonymous said…
He might be a good business man, but Ferriss is still a douche.
Luptin Pitman said…
Yep, I'm going with douche also. Made a smidgen of sense here and there (I listened to his audiobook) but I'd call him the Deepak Chopra of fitness and nutrition. Spouting technical and scientific jargon and concepts in an attempt to sound authoritative is still gibberish no matter how many dangerous things you do to your body or how many people you know that banged Nina Hartley...
Anonymous said…
Don't love him or hate him. Just ignore him.
Joe said…
Bought his book at Half-price books and I started following his advice on working your abs...I've only been doing it for about a week, but his advice seems spot on. I can notice a real difference. Whether I will ever get a six-pack is another story, but his ab advice seems pretty good.
Alex said…
Hate. He's a twat.
Moran Bentzur said…
"Love him or hate him?"
Can't make up my mind on this. His science is off many times, and at times he definitely has a douchey smirk. but I still watch and read his stuff.
WISPR said…
Fine video is sharing all about the Tim Ferriss on "The 4-Hour Body". It also at the next corner. It consists of interesting things about fitness, strength, diet and performance.
John Sifferman said…
He's definitely a great marketer. I'll give him that. But I wouldn't go to him for any health or fitness advice, and I won't be wasting the next 35 minutes listening to him either. I've heard enough.
Edward Edmonds said…
It's beyond me why people like to demonize guys like Tim. He did a lot of self-experimentation and marketed himself and apparently it's working for other people. So why is that a bad thing? Phrases like "his science is off" are really frustrating because science isn't in a vacuum. Science is all about exploring whether you use it for personal or monetary gain. So what if you don't like his personality. I like curious people even if they seem like twats because they are willing to do some exploring.

Popular posts from this blog

Dry January

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was taking part in "Dry January".  I didn't make a big song and dance about it, but I decided to go for a calendar month or so with no alcohol.  A few people have asked me about my experience, so here are a few points. Why take a break from drinking? Alcohol is an interesting topic.  As a drug it is widely accepted in society, central to so much of our socialising and leisure.  There seem to be lots of health benefits - so we are told - yet there are also a lot of problems in terms of health, relationships and lifestyle that come from drinking. Over a few years I'd begun to become aware and then concerned that I was drinking too much and too regularly.  I am in a busy and stressful job and sometimes a glass of wine after work to relax is really helpful.  But over time, one glass became two.  Two glasses became ....I might as well finish the bottle.  A habit got established....and was starting to get too e...

So where have I been?

You will have noticed that this blog has been quiet for a while....  There are a few reasons for that, reasons that I thought I'd list here: WORK -  my day job has been incredibly busy and stressful this year. Working 10-14 hour days the last thing on my mind when I got home was putting something on here.  FACEBOOK/TWITTER - I suppose I've been using other channels to do some of what I used to do here. Quick fire posts pointing to interesting studies or news etc tend to get posted to Twitter (@chrishighcock) or to the Facebook Hillfit group http://www.facebook.com/groups/263083947097000/  REASSESSMENT - I've found myself less comfortable with some of the positions I've taken in the past. Sometimes I'm embarrassed by some of the things I've promoted. I'm not Paleo or low carb. I think Tabata and intervals are misunderstood and misapplied. I cannot really claim to be HIT.   I find myselfunable  honestly to post things on here and pretend that I am some sort o...

Taking up space for a brief update

I've a couple of posts in draft that I will get up soon -  an update / reflection on Dry January and some thoughts on the scheduling benefits of short workouts if your life is busy.  Before that though, I am pointing to something else. However, I wanted to highlight something that is coming this weekend that I've been involved in.   Amber Rogers (Gokaleo and author of Taking Up Space ) has been pulling together a bundle of books from various authors with a common theme, one that I've been pushing here recently.   Keep it simple, avoid the hype, be patient, be consistent and flee the gurus.   I've talked before about how we get obsessed with pushing for more and more, when enough is OK.  I've given my view that so much of the health and fitness internet world is more like a gnostic religion than something that will benefit your life. There are other voices out there saying similar things and I'll be pointing to a bundle of books later this week ...