Sunday, May 27, 2012

Out in the hills

Thanks for all the comments on the last post.  It is nice to have such supportive readers.

I took the advice of some of you yesterday and just did something that made me happy - a 10 mile walk in the Scottish mountains.  The weather was perfect and the day left me feeling tired but energised.

(There are more photos here)

I took a video on the top because I was blown away by the views:



This morning I was up early and into my local hills where I was lucky enough to experience a cloud inversion.  The cloud and mist hung low across the city but I soon climbed above it into blue skies.  It is stunning to look down on this carpet of white cloud with the blue skies above.

Certainly a weekend that has been proper re-creation.  Tiring but worth it for what I saw and did.


2 comments:

FeelGoodEating said...

YES!!!!!!

Selfishly I'm very happy you took my advice, because these
Pictures are unbelievable!!!!!

Wonderful Chris, thank you for sharing and have a good week.

Marc

Chris G said...

Chris,

Its good to see you are getting back in to the hills. My wife and I did Stob Coire Sgriodain and Chno Dearg yesteday fron the car park outside Fersit. (Yes I did have to check the guidebook for the spelling). Probably the hottest weather I have experienced in Scotland. Legs feel a bit heavy today but we had some fantastic views and all to ourselves for the entire walk.