via Science Daily
The abstract is at Time-Restricted Feeding without Reducing Caloric Intake Prevents Metabolic Diseases in Mice Fed a High-Fat Diet
In a paper published May 17 in Cell Metabolism, scientists from Salk's Regulatory Biology Laboratory reported that mice limited to eating during an 8-hour period are healthier than mice that eat freely throughout the day, regardless of the quality and content of their diet. The study sought to determine whether obesity and metabolic diseases result from a high-fat diet or from disruption of metabolic cycles.
The abstract is at Time-Restricted Feeding without Reducing Caloric Intake Prevents Metabolic Diseases in Mice Fed a High-Fat Diet

Comments
What makes you say that? Your argument sounds like a case of logic without evidence. Even if you argue that we come from cultures of regular eating schedules (which is hardly the case, given all the historical accounts of fasting), you would still have to demonstrate that this was more optimal.
I hope someone shells out the $31.50 & blogs on this one.
Now, will start skipping breakfast & lunch.
I hope this link works (fulltext): http://ge.tt/2uOgdtH/v/0
I would have posted earlier but I have a hard time with captchas
It's alright, though. Now we have the truth, and our friendly, unethical scientists are going to slowly admit that they've been lying to us for what seems like eons for an educated, free-thinking man. They'll admit, for the 1000th time, that they were wrong, but will continue to be believed. We'll all keep listening to them with our mouths and wallets agape. So continues the age of Empiricist Academia: everyone's in the dark, and our intellectual leaders are even dimmer than the darkness they find themselves in. I guess money can do that to people, though.