I've been following a writer / trainer for a little while who has a blog called Go Kaleo. I like her approach a lot.
She put this on Facebook which is worth repeating
That fits with a lot of what I am thinking about at the moment - so many are searching fo the magic secret knowledge that will solve all of their training diet and health problems. We disciple ourselves to guru after guru as we look for that secret - low carb, paleo, vegan, cardio, zumba etc etc etc. But the basics, the sensible basics remain. We blame our fatness or unhealthiness on gluten or casein or carbs or fat or something. But we ignore sleep, relaxation, walking, real food and friendship.
People do not like the basics of sensible food intake and exercise.
She put this on Facebook which is worth repeating
The secret to weight loss and improved health and fitness isn't paleo/low carb/plant based/low fat/crossfit/yoga/pilates/raw/isagenix/shakeology/protein/etc.
The secret to weight loss and improved health and fitness is:
Good habits, practiced consistently, over time.
Sorry it's so boring.
That fits with a lot of what I am thinking about at the moment - so many are searching fo the magic secret knowledge that will solve all of their training diet and health problems. We disciple ourselves to guru after guru as we look for that secret - low carb, paleo, vegan, cardio, zumba etc etc etc. But the basics, the sensible basics remain. We blame our fatness or unhealthiness on gluten or casein or carbs or fat or something. But we ignore sleep, relaxation, walking, real food and friendship.
People do not like the basics of sensible food intake and exercise.
Comments
I too really like Go Kaleo's message. You mentioned a while back that your thoughts about the "Paleo" diet have changed quite a bit. I for one would be very interested in reading about that. I know mine have changed dramatically.
It's a great message from Go Kaleo and I would be happy to see more people prioritising the basics in their life. It's funny how humans are so complex we think the simple stuff doesn't apply to us.
His goes something like "hard work, applied consistently, over a long period of time".