Skip to main content

Hillfit v 2.0

I've finally updated Hillfit - the ebook that I released about 16 months ago.  The idea behind Hillfit is that the average person who enjoys hiking, hillwalking and time in the outdoors can have more fun, find every walk easier, be safer and more resilient by getting a bit stronger.

Getting Stronger

Getting stronger shouldn't be a complex matter - picking some simple and safe exercises and doing them consistently can make a huge difference.

The focus of it all is enjoyment  -  I want you to have more fun in the hills - getting stronger lets you do that.

What is new

Version 2.0 is a lot more than an update.  It contains about 70 additional pages, more material and contributions from several other trainers and exercise scientists.  The structure is:


  • PART 1 WHY GET STRONGER
  • PART 2: HOW TO GET STRONGER
  • PART 3: APPLYING YOUR STRENGTH TO THE SKILL OF WALKING
  • PART 4: BEYOND STRENGTH
  • PART 5: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER


Contributors

This time, it is not just me...there are contributions from 

  • Tim Anderson - who writes about the mental and physical benefits of hiking in the countryside
  • James Steele II - explains how there is no such thing as cardio - proper strength training has a range of metabolic, cardiovascular and cellular impacts that are normally only associated with endurance training
  • Skyler Tanner - notes how walking  is different from exercise
  • Bill DeSimone - describes how to choose safe exercises 
  • Steven Sashen - looks at how to walk efficiently
  • Todd Hargrove - outlines some exercises to improve mobility, balance and proprioception
  • Colin Gordon - writes about  mobility and some daily exercises to keep you supple.



Buy it here

The book is for sale via www.hillfit.com  or you can just click here:

Buy Now



The price is now £10.

Questions

If you have any questions, please get in touch.


Comments

Mark said…
Looking forward to it, Chris. That's quite a posse you've assembled!
Patrick Cobb said…
I am loving the concept of your ebook. Not everyone really enjoys to go to the gym all the time. Activities such as hiking or running and other enjoyable activities have some similar benefits to normal workouts in the gym.

Popular posts from this blog

Dry January

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was taking part in "Dry January".  I didn't make a big song and dance about it, but I decided to go for a calendar month or so with no alcohol.  A few people have asked me about my experience, so here are a few points. Why take a break from drinking? Alcohol is an interesting topic.  As a drug it is widely accepted in society, central to so much of our socialising and leisure.  There seem to be lots of health benefits - so we are told - yet there are also a lot of problems in terms of health, relationships and lifestyle that come from drinking. Over a few years I'd begun to become aware and then concerned that I was drinking too much and too regularly.  I am in a busy and stressful job and sometimes a glass of wine after work to relax is really helpful.  But over time, one glass became two.  Two glasses became ....I might as well finish the bottle.  A habit got established....and was starting to get too e...

So where have I been?

You will have noticed that this blog has been quiet for a while....  There are a few reasons for that, reasons that I thought I'd list here: WORK -  my day job has been incredibly busy and stressful this year. Working 10-14 hour days the last thing on my mind when I got home was putting something on here.  FACEBOOK/TWITTER - I suppose I've been using other channels to do some of what I used to do here. Quick fire posts pointing to interesting studies or news etc tend to get posted to Twitter (@chrishighcock) or to the Facebook Hillfit group http://www.facebook.com/groups/263083947097000/  REASSESSMENT - I've found myself less comfortable with some of the positions I've taken in the past. Sometimes I'm embarrassed by some of the things I've promoted. I'm not Paleo or low carb. I think Tabata and intervals are misunderstood and misapplied. I cannot really claim to be HIT.   I find myselfunable  honestly to post things on here and pretend that I am some sort o...

Taking up space for a brief update

I've a couple of posts in draft that I will get up soon -  an update / reflection on Dry January and some thoughts on the scheduling benefits of short workouts if your life is busy.  Before that though, I am pointing to something else. However, I wanted to highlight something that is coming this weekend that I've been involved in.   Amber Rogers (Gokaleo and author of Taking Up Space ) has been pulling together a bundle of books from various authors with a common theme, one that I've been pushing here recently.   Keep it simple, avoid the hype, be patient, be consistent and flee the gurus.   I've talked before about how we get obsessed with pushing for more and more, when enough is OK.  I've given my view that so much of the health and fitness internet world is more like a gnostic religion than something that will benefit your life. There are other voices out there saying similar things and I'll be pointing to a bundle of books later this week ...