Saturday, September 6, 2008

100 minutes outside - Beinn Odhar

Mike has started a nice simple Web site with a Daily Fitness Challenge - the Daily 100.

The Daily Challenge is created by a professional fitness trainer to help YOU get moving and fit on a daily basis. Get a new challenge everyday and feel good that you are accomplishing something, start the day off with the right attitude! All challenges can be modified for any level whether you are new to fitness or more experienced. So welcome to the community, challenge yourself, challenge others around you and make it happen everyday. There are no more excuses…just results and success!

This weekend's challenge was pretty straightforward - maybe inspired by Mark? :

So for the weekend you have to do a total of 100min (minimum) of being outside and engaged in some sort of physical activity.


Well fine! I was aiming to get into the hills anyway today. Beinn Odhar is a nice hill just north of Tyndrum, with fabulous views. The clarity of the air was staggering today with clear sight of the higher hills all around. Ben Dorain was immediate and imposing but the distinct shapes of Ben More and Stob Binnein were arresting. The wind on top was very strong with gusts threatening to blow my glasses off and blow me over, impeding progress for a while. Rather than extend the walk over other hills I dropped back down out of the wind fairly quickly.


A superb walk.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow,that looks like mountain biking heaven! I'd think the real challenge would be to spend 100 continuous minutes inside!

Keith

Anonymous said...

Wow I' jealous .I wish I had scenery like that on my doorstep

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Chris. I am jealous, too.

Chris said...

It isn't quite on my doorstep - almost a 2 hour drive north, but it is a nice drive through some great country.

What I didn't mention - in an effort to preserve my credibility in the fitness blogosphere was the the fish & chips I had on the way home from the Real Food Cafe- best in Scotland I reckon.