I think these are essentially single leg squats. Tough and useful for everyday life, strengthening movement that we all use every day. (Especially if like me you live in a top floor flat)
This guy is holding 150lbs (two 75lb dumbbells)
This guy is holding 150lbs (two 75lb dumbbells)
Comments
I was reading a piece by Mark J. Smith, Ph.D, advocate of sprint training and of the X-iser (www.xiser.com) device. This excerpt about frequent stair climbing was interesting to me, and your mention of stair climbing reminded me of it:
"...Whenever I return back to Britain and see one of the few remaining
double‐decker buses, I am frequently reminded of the research of Jeremy N Morris, DSc, DPH, FRCP, who showed,back in 1949, that simply climbing the stairs of a double‐decker bus, intermittently throughout a day, afforded the
bus conductors protection against coronary heart disease not afforded to the sedentary drivers."
All the best,
Eddie