OK here is an interesting one. (It is epidemiology and as ever association doesn't equal causality, but it is interesting....hypothesis forming as my scientist friends tell me)
A systematic review of the evidence supporting a causal link between dietary factors and coronary heart disease.
What is associated with heart disease?
What is protective?
So it sounds like: meat, eggs, milk, low carb, veggies and nuts. Don't worry about fat....don't take supplements?
A systematic review of the evidence supporting a causal link between dietary factors and coronary heart disease.
What is associated with heart disease?
- intake of trans-fatty acids and foods with a high glycemic index or load
- total fat; alpha-linolenic acid; meat; eggs; and milk.
What is protective?
- intake of vegetables, nuts, and "Mediterranean" and high-quality dietary patterns (whatever they are - I think lots of meat and few fruits is high quality!)
- supplementary vitamin E and ascorbic acid (vitamin C);
So it sounds like: meat, eggs, milk, low carb, veggies and nuts. Don't worry about fat....don't take supplements?
Comments
My foot is not 100% but it isn't giving me any trouble since I've got the new insoles. When I'm running off road I can hardly feel it and even on the road it's fine.
After a run I can feel it a bit but it's certainly not causing any problems.
I'm looking forward to seeing how I get on in the Fling this year.
Thanks again
John