Just to point out a few things of interest I've spotted recently:
Artificial meat? Food for thought by 2050 - Leading scientists say meat grown in vats may be necessary to feed 9 billion people expected to be alive by middle of century
I find that whole idea very disturbing
Moderate drinking, especially wine, associated with better cognitive function
I think the comment that
Land on your toes - save your knees.
This is applied to jumping but I wonder about the application to running. Barefoot style is a forefoot strike.
Artificial meat? Food for thought by 2050 - Leading scientists say meat grown in vats may be necessary to feed 9 billion people expected to be alive by middle of century
I find that whole idea very disturbing
Moderate drinking, especially wine, associated with better cognitive function
I think the comment that
It has long been known that "moderate people do moderate things." The authors state the same thing: "A positive effect of wine . . . could also be due to confounders such as socio-economic status and more favourable dietary and other lifestyle habits.is interesting. I've cut back on the booze. I don't have a problem, but was finding it easy to go form a glass of wine with dinner to 2 glasses a night.....
Land on your toes - save your knees.
This is applied to jumping but I wonder about the application to running. Barefoot style is a forefoot strike.
Comments
It also makes it possible to produce meat with a lot less resources. Regardless if paleo style dieting is healthier or not, its still not remotely feasible for any more than a minority of the world population. It's a luxury for us in the rich world but not much more.
And no, I don't want to debate, just offering another perspective.