I mentioned a book I was reading recently - The Shallows. It is a really challenging book basically proposing that the tools we use alter how we think. The key thesis is that the internet is making us less likely to think deeply - we skim read now and get easily distracted led astray by hyperlinks etc. Here is the author talking about these ideas
It is really interesting stuff.
From a paleo point of view what I find intersting is the idea that the hunter gatherer brain is also a naturaly distacted one - it needs to be to spot prey or evade attack. It would do not good to be too much of a dat dreamer. Deep thinking is good though.
It is really interesting stuff.
From a paleo point of view what I find intersting is the idea that the hunter gatherer brain is also a naturaly distacted one - it needs to be to spot prey or evade attack. It would do not good to be too much of a dat dreamer. Deep thinking is good though.
Comments
Really a nice discussion !
Your live video is thought provoking.