Tuesday lunchtime I did some sprints in the new vibram five fingers that I bought on Saturday. It was a jog down to the park and then 3 x 30 second sprints with long rests - about 3 minutes to recover. The a hard 15 sec one to finish me.
Really enjoyed it and it forced a good style - movnat / pose ish.
My big problem was self consciousness. The shoes make you look like a bit of a wanker. I was really aware of some funny looks as I left the office.
I could feel it in my feet the next day too. Not injured but worked.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Really enjoyed it and it forced a good style - movnat / pose ish.
My big problem was self consciousness. The shoes make you look like a bit of a wanker. I was really aware of some funny looks as I left the office.
I could feel it in my feet the next day too. Not injured but worked.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Comments
;-)
I find the Merrell Trail Gloves to be lots better for most uses. Look normal. Still pretty minimalist. Easier to put on. Don't smell. Ever so slightly more protection for things like runing where lots of small rocks are present.
Might as well take a sharpie and print "I'M A DORK" on your forehead.
Whilst V5Fs may draw reactions which place you at the wanker/douche end of the spectrum, barefooting garners reactions ranging from sympathy based upon some 'imagined hardship such that you cannot afford footwear', to feelings that you are 'probably mentally unstable/retarded'.