I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was taking part in "Dry January". I didn't make a big song and dance about it, but I decided to go for a calendar month or so with no alcohol. A few people have asked me about my experience, so here are a few points. Why take a break from drinking? Alcohol is an interesting topic. As a drug it is widely accepted in society, central to so much of our socialising and leisure. There seem to be lots of health benefits - so we are told - yet there are also a lot of problems in terms of health, relationships and lifestyle that come from drinking. Over a few years I'd begun to become aware and then concerned that I was drinking too much and too regularly. I am in a busy and stressful job and sometimes a glass of wine after work to relax is really helpful. But over time, one glass became two. Two glasses became ....I might as well finish the bottle. A habit got established....and was starting to get too e...
.......interesting things about fitness, strength, diet and performance.
Comments
Here's Clarence talking about them, though this could be outdated for all I know.
http://www.cbass.com/SEARCHOF.HTM
I was a little surprised though at the concluding message, which would seem a bit off-putting to beginners who are curious about HIIT. Of course I realise the necessity of including a disclaimer as HIIT is in fact NOT for everyone, but maybe a few tips on how to set up your own program to build your fitness would be helpful for this crowd.
Example: I still find the Tabata method too taxing so I do 10-12 second sprints with 10 second walks for 14-15 cycles, slowly increasing my sprint time and decreasing the cycle number accordingly. I don't think tweaking the program until I can handle it makes me any less dedicated or determined - at least I hope not?
-B
I had to cut myself off after 6 cycles because I needed to get more of a break, so I waited a few minutes and gave it 2 more full cycles.
Then of course, I did a weight routine.
All in all, I clearly can do more, but coming from someone who is still trying to regain his health, this was acceptable for me and I can't wait to do this more often.
Thank you very much!
Though, as I had'nt heard of Turbulence Training before, I checked it out.
And I found a different approach described at turbulencetraining.com.
In the article "Typical Turbulence Training Workout" there's described a routine of non-competing supersets (6 in total) followed by 20 minutes of intervall training (not specified).
Which is quite something different then a Set of for example overhead presses and one minute of hill climbers!
Just wanted to ask if it's a variation made by the author of the chart or some sort of advanced "turbulence training"
thx and keep up the good work!
i don't want to seem impolite, but the page i actually found myself.
What about the differences in the prescriped workout in the chart and on said site?