Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Nick Tuminello on Evil Sugar Radio

This is one that I would like everyone to listen to...  Nick Tumminello of Performance University – How To Do Science

Nick Tuminello
Way back....27 years ago....I started my course at the University of Leeds to study Philosophy and Economics.   The first year I did philosophy of science and for 3 years I did courses in formal logic.  Great fun, although a long way from what I now do for a living.

I've always been fascinated by this idea of how we know what we know....why we believe what we believe.

This is not some vague mystical thing...it is vital to everyday life and definitely to this whole area of health and fitness.  There are so many people out there telling us what is true...what is the best diet or training regime.  How do you decide what is really true, what is really worth investing your time and effort in?

As I've discussed here in the past, so much of this stuff is not based on solid critical thinking but on principles more related to gnosticism, marketing and hype.

These are the sort of things that Nick Tuminello (I've been a fan of his for a long time) deals with in this podcast.  

Highly recommended.

......as indeed are all the Evil Sugar Radio podcasts.









No comments: