Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Paleo diet

The classic paleo diet stresses meat, eggs, fish, non-starchy vegetables, nuts and low GI fruit. Excluded are grains and dairy. The theory is explained - in a simple fashion - here .

Tamir Katz' pages are also useful.

I don't claim to eat a strictly paleo diet - I eat a fair bit of butter and cream and the occasional spud - but I quite enjoy reading how others implement these rules.

Two blogs you might like to check out:

Feel Good Eating - in which Marc posts photos and recipes of his mouthwatering diet.

My Paleo Kitchen - where Naomi does something similar

There are probably other blogs out there doing the same thing, but these are two I look at a lot - particularly Marc's.

In terms of the science, I fid two other blogs very helpful:

Scott's Modern Forager site and

Stephan's Whole Health Source

No comments: