Just to point this out if you miss it:
Healthy fat link to bowel disease
People have a phobia about perfectly healthy natural saturated fat - read Mark or Stephan for the truth - yet they stuff themselves with unnatural manufactured products - margarine! - which are novel to the human diet and have all sorts of unpleasant effects.
Pass me the butter! (and the fish oil)
Healthy fat link to bowel disease
A high intake of polyunsaturated fat in the diet, while good for the heart (er maybe, maybe not), may lead to inflammatory bowel disease, say researchers.
People have a phobia about perfectly healthy natural saturated fat - read Mark or Stephan for the truth - yet they stuff themselves with unnatural manufactured products - margarine! - which are novel to the human diet and have all sorts of unpleasant effects.
Pass me the butter! (and the fish oil)
Comments
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1444021.stm
I try to keep my eating 'close to the ground' - so no margarine for me!
If you can eat it raw, then eat it. Never eat a food that can still defend itself when dead!
Cynthia
Cynthia, that is tragic.
Can't recommend this book enough!
"If you can eat it raw, then eat it. Never eat a food that can still defend itself when dead!"
That rules out an awful lot of plant foods. I eat a mostly raw vegan diet, with lot of mono-unsaturated fats from avocados, pecans and walnuts.
I've been following your blog for quite some time now, first time commenting. Your efforts in getting the information out there has been a great resource over the last year in my journey of an evolutionary diet, and improving my metabolic health via more sound conditioning.
I went to a wedding this last weekend. When the cake came around, I had another piece of meat. I don't see a Wedding Turkey with two little statues of the bride and groom stuck on top, but who needs cake when you have BBQ'ed ribs for the reception!
Best Regards,
Zach