Thursday, February 4, 2010

Quiche with no pastry

Now the master at this is Marc, but I thought I'd post a picture of something I made the other night.

  • Dice an onion
  • Dice a leek
  • Dice a couple rashers of bacon
  • Fry in coconut oil until nicely soft and the bacon is cooked
  • Add a bunch of spinach, put the lid on the pan to wilt the spinach
  • Mix well
  • spoon into the bottom of each "cup" in a muffin tin
  • Beat 4 large eggs (preferably duck eggs)
  • Pour the eggs over the bacon and veggies to top up each cup and mix
  • Bake at about 220 for about 15 minutes until they rise as above.
Nice to eat cold as a packed lunch.

5 comments:

Marc said...

Looks delicious to me Chris.
And thank you for the shout out.
Have a nice and relaxing weekend.

Marc

Unknown said...

Why are duck eggs preferable?

Chris said...

I just like duck eggs - they have bigger, richer yolks

herhimnbryn said...

Frittata.

Chris said...

....but baked not fried