Earlier today I participated in a 5Km fun run in Edinburgh - the Great Winter Run. About 1300 were there for a snowy run around Holyrood Park.
I don't run very often and in preparation for this just did 2 interval sessions over the past 2 weeks and while I did not post a great time (I was 31 minutes) I got around comfortably with no problems on a snowy and hilly course.
But that is not the point of this post....At the end of the race - as it usual at these events - we were given a goody bag. The contents are below. I laid them out on the floor when I got home.
- A medal - thanks
- A space blanket - handy. Will go in my hillwalking kit
- A nice cotton long sleeved T shirt - fine it is good and I will wear it
- Fajita seasoning - ??? eh? WT Heck?
- Andrex toilet roll - why?
- Powerade - yuck. I will pour it down the toilet and perhaps use the empty bottle
- Powerbar - yuck...throw away or maybe emergency rations in the bottom of my rucksack...but I'd have to be desperate
- Jointace gel - no idea what this is
- Scholl Party Feet Blister Pack - handy for the first aid kit
- Nature Valley Granola bar....again I will not eat this by choice
- Eat Natural bar... again I will not eat this by choice
- A liquid washing detergent capsule - again........ why?
A wierd mix. The food and drink was all sugary crap. Useful things - blister packs, space blanket......Then there was random stuff: toilet roll, washing detergent, fajita seasoning.