Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Swimming - a missing skill

 I was visiting my cousin this weekend in Northeren Ireland.  Her son is 16 and a competitive swimmer, up every morning at 5am to hit the pool.  He is good and has been placing well in all - Ireland competitions.

Anyway on the Sunday evening we all went to the pool to swinm some lengths then relax in the sauna.  It was the first time I'd been swimming in about 20 years and I had forgotten how hard it was!

I think it is a real gap in my portfolio of survival skills.  I need to do more swimming, improving this fundamental MovNat skill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not alone. At the Expansion MovNat workshop in WV this year that I was at swimming was everyone's weak link!

Purposelessness said...

I've been working on my swimming skills too this summer. I got a few books, including "total immersion", which tim ferris seemed to like. It's about how swimming is more skill and less strength based and goes on about how to improve your skill.