Ten Minutes a Day Keeps the Doctor Away: A 5-Set Full Body Program
Brett talks through why strength training is good for anyone and everyone and then recommends a basic 5 set routine.
- Pick a Lower Body Press – bodyweight squat, box squat, goblet squat, Bulgarian split squat, step up, Zercher squat, front squat, back squat, single leg box squat
- Pick a Lower Body Pull - single leg RDL, glute bridge, deadlift, sumo deadlift, good morning, back extension, reverse hyper, hip thrust, single leg hip thrust
- Pick an Upper Body Press - knee push up, push up, db bench press, db incline press, db military press, floor press, bench press, incline press, close grip bench
- Pick an Upper Body Pull – chin up, pull up, neutral grip pull up, inverted row, one arm row, db bent over row, db chest supported row, barbell bent over row
- Pick a Core Exercise - crunch, side crunch, lying leg raise, front plank, side plank, sit up, hanging leg raise, landmine, band Pallof press
Personally I might think that doing all this everyday would be a bit too much, but other than that I think this is a great approach.