I've not had a video of a big jump on here for a while. I used to post lots of them - there is something about a huge jump that I find very impressive - the power and explosiveness. I am sue there is technique here - getting those feet up - but strength is key too.
I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was taking part in "Dry January". I didn't make a big song and dance about it, but I decided to go for a calendar month or so with no alcohol. A few people have asked me about my experience, so here are a few points. Why take a break from drinking? Alcohol is an interesting topic. As a drug it is widely accepted in society, central to so much of our socialising and leisure. There seem to be lots of health benefits - so we are told - yet there are also a lot of problems in terms of health, relationships and lifestyle that come from drinking. Over a few years I'd begun to become aware and then concerned that I was drinking too much and too regularly. I am in a busy and stressful job and sometimes a glass of wine after work to relax is really helpful. But over time, one glass became two. Two glasses became ....I might as well finish the bottle. A habit got established....and was starting to get too e...
Comments
I'll have to go back in there and repeat it at age 50 (now).
And, yes, there IS technique to this (people underestimate the value of properly using your arms).