Thursday, March 3, 2011

Death by Chair

As part of the Hillfit thoughts series one of the things I am thinking about is the problems we all get from sitting too much.  This is an excellent video and approach from Kelly Starrett.



I'll be doing something about combatting the problems we all get from sitting.

I love Kelly's basic phlosophy:

Every human being should be able to perform basic maintenance on themselves. You know what to eat, how to train, and what to do if you have a cut; you should also know how to fix your tight hips, painful knees, and stiff shoulders, and how to make yourself faster and more powerful. It's too much to mobilize everything, all the time, everyday. Start somewhere.

4 comments:

serega said...

I highly recommend Salli Saddle chair. I bought one from here http://www.backdesigns.com/Salli-Twin-Saddle-Stool-P557C156.aspx
They are quite expensive, but worth the price.

Asclepius said...

Check out the background. What the HELL is he watching on his TV?

Joe said...

That would be "Cocktails" with Tom Cruise.

Also intriguing- the sleeping (or dead) dog on the floor . . .

Anonymous said...

I have been to physical therapy twice for my back, and both times it was definitely a result NOT of any activity I did, but of sitting too much and bad posture at the computer. Thanks for the great video!