I have been browsing through the excellent website of the Boston Sports Medicine and Performance Group and there are some good resources there.
This is a good presentation (pdf) on barefoot training
It is a good overview of the science and research.
Conclusions:
I've mentioned a lot of this - like Lieberman's research - on this blog before
This is a good presentation (pdf) on barefoot training
It is a good overview of the science and research.
Conclusions:
- Safety First : Evaluate and Educate
- It’s not for everyone
- Protect your feet : Minimal Shoes to start
- Slow and Steady wins the race (10% rule)
- Get Fit To Run, Don’ t Run To Get Fit
- Eliminate the high heels
- Be nice to your kids : wide toe boxes
- If you’re not injured, don’t change
I've mentioned a lot of this - like Lieberman's research - on this blog before
Comments