Skip to main content

Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution Podcasts

I think I am probably late to the party on this one, bu I have spent smoe time over the last few days listening to Robb Wolf's excellent podcasts - The Paleo Solution.    If you have not checked out these weekly programmes, please do  they are full of great information.  I like his style too although I imagine it might grate with some.


His book is superb too and has challenged me to finally really clean up my diet dumping all grains.   I was occaisionally having some grains but they were increasinly irritating my gut.

Comments

Alexandra said…
Same here with the book - not sure if it's his style, the amount of information or something else, but it has motivated me to finally "really" go Paleo, which means ditching the coffee because I can't drink it without cream! This is the first time I've ever really done without dairy.

I'm late to the podcasts as well, but they are chock full of goodness.

Only on day 4 of the real thing (I don't like to think of it as a restriction or a diet, but you know), but feeling good. I just wish I could get my parents to try it.
Chris G said…
This is something I am struggling with, I eliminated as much processed food from my diet a while ago especially sugarry stuff but grains always creep back in somewhere. By the way Chris, how is your own training going? I seem to remember you having some pre or rehab sessions a while back. How was your back during the Spanish trip?
Chris said…
My training has been struggling. Work was so busy this year. I managed to keep up Krav Maga most of the time but haven't been for 6 weeks. (My normal training is lots of walking, one HIT workout and one Krav session a week.)

I hurt my back last week - felt like a dislocated rib that is now back in place. Work is settling down so I am getting my sleep in order too which is a major thing. Also I am cutting back on booze - the nighty glass of wine was getting a bit too regular.

As I said I am just trying to get back to normal - lots of sleep and enough exercise.

Popular posts from this blog

Dry January

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was taking part in "Dry January".  I didn't make a big song and dance about it, but I decided to go for a calendar month or so with no alcohol.  A few people have asked me about my experience, so here are a few points. Why take a break from drinking? Alcohol is an interesting topic.  As a drug it is widely accepted in society, central to so much of our socialising and leisure.  There seem to be lots of health benefits - so we are told - yet there are also a lot of problems in terms of health, relationships and lifestyle that come from drinking. Over a few years I'd begun to become aware and then concerned that I was drinking too much and too regularly.  I am in a busy and stressful job and sometimes a glass of wine after work to relax is really helpful.  But over time, one glass became two.  Two glasses became ....I might as well finish the bottle.  A habit got established....and was starting to get too e...

So where have I been?

You will have noticed that this blog has been quiet for a while....  There are a few reasons for that, reasons that I thought I'd list here: WORK -  my day job has been incredibly busy and stressful this year. Working 10-14 hour days the last thing on my mind when I got home was putting something on here.  FACEBOOK/TWITTER - I suppose I've been using other channels to do some of what I used to do here. Quick fire posts pointing to interesting studies or news etc tend to get posted to Twitter (@chrishighcock) or to the Facebook Hillfit group http://www.facebook.com/groups/263083947097000/  REASSESSMENT - I've found myself less comfortable with some of the positions I've taken in the past. Sometimes I'm embarrassed by some of the things I've promoted. I'm not Paleo or low carb. I think Tabata and intervals are misunderstood and misapplied. I cannot really claim to be HIT.   I find myselfunable  honestly to post things on here and pretend that I am some sort o...

Taking up space for a brief update

I've a couple of posts in draft that I will get up soon -  an update / reflection on Dry January and some thoughts on the scheduling benefits of short workouts if your life is busy.  Before that though, I am pointing to something else. However, I wanted to highlight something that is coming this weekend that I've been involved in.   Amber Rogers (Gokaleo and author of Taking Up Space ) has been pulling together a bundle of books from various authors with a common theme, one that I've been pushing here recently.   Keep it simple, avoid the hype, be patient, be consistent and flee the gurus.   I've talked before about how we get obsessed with pushing for more and more, when enough is OK.  I've given my view that so much of the health and fitness internet world is more like a gnostic religion than something that will benefit your life. There are other voices out there saying similar things and I'll be pointing to a bundle of books later this week ...