Skip to main content

A Bowflex killer?



Keith Norris should not be a new name to you - his Theory to Practice blog is superb.  Anyway, here is Keith (physical culturalist, author, and general manager at Efficient
Exercise (Austin Texas)), giving the world premiere of the ARX Fit Omni at The 21 Convention 2011 of Orlando, Florida, united States of America.






The video notes explain:


The ARX Fit Omni © is a revolutionary new home-exercise machine that
employs motorized resistance across a wide range of movements, providing
a perfectly (and uniquely) matched strength curve across a complete -- or
limited -- range of motion.

Called "the bowflex killer" by 21 Convention architect and founder Anthony
Dream Johnson, the ARX Fit Omni © machine is making waves in the universe of proper exercise, strength training, and sport performance.

Supplying a level of effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and intensity found in no
other machine in the world, the ARX Fit Omni may just be the machine to put
the nail in the coffin of the outdated and ineffective BowFlex © home exercise
machine.

Comments

ThePaleoGarden said…
Keith,
I'm qualified now to truly say that I've been following your writings for years now. Thanks for sharing your observations and connections along the way. Watching this video was truly a great culmination of so many of your thoughts on putting theory into practice. This piece of equipment has a lot of thinkering behind it, I look forward to trying it.

Best Regards,
Zach
Anonymous said…
Not a Bowflex killer. Why? Because the majority of people don't wish to torture themselves in the name of "efficiency".

Popular posts from this blog

Dry January

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was taking part in "Dry January".  I didn't make a big song and dance about it, but I decided to go for a calendar month or so with no alcohol.  A few people have asked me about my experience, so here are a few points. Why take a break from drinking? Alcohol is an interesting topic.  As a drug it is widely accepted in society, central to so much of our socialising and leisure.  There seem to be lots of health benefits - so we are told - yet there are also a lot of problems in terms of health, relationships and lifestyle that come from drinking. Over a few years I'd begun to become aware and then concerned that I was drinking too much and too regularly.  I am in a busy and stressful job and sometimes a glass of wine after work to relax is really helpful.  But over time, one glass became two.  Two glasses became ....I might as well finish the bottle.  A habit got established....and was starting to get too e...

So where have I been?

You will have noticed that this blog has been quiet for a while....  There are a few reasons for that, reasons that I thought I'd list here: WORK -  my day job has been incredibly busy and stressful this year. Working 10-14 hour days the last thing on my mind when I got home was putting something on here.  FACEBOOK/TWITTER - I suppose I've been using other channels to do some of what I used to do here. Quick fire posts pointing to interesting studies or news etc tend to get posted to Twitter (@chrishighcock) or to the Facebook Hillfit group http://www.facebook.com/groups/263083947097000/  REASSESSMENT - I've found myself less comfortable with some of the positions I've taken in the past. Sometimes I'm embarrassed by some of the things I've promoted. I'm not Paleo or low carb. I think Tabata and intervals are misunderstood and misapplied. I cannot really claim to be HIT.   I find myselfunable  honestly to post things on here and pretend that I am some sort o...

Taking up space for a brief update

I've a couple of posts in draft that I will get up soon -  an update / reflection on Dry January and some thoughts on the scheduling benefits of short workouts if your life is busy.  Before that though, I am pointing to something else. However, I wanted to highlight something that is coming this weekend that I've been involved in.   Amber Rogers (Gokaleo and author of Taking Up Space ) has been pulling together a bundle of books from various authors with a common theme, one that I've been pushing here recently.   Keep it simple, avoid the hype, be patient, be consistent and flee the gurus.   I've talked before about how we get obsessed with pushing for more and more, when enough is OK.  I've given my view that so much of the health and fitness internet world is more like a gnostic religion than something that will benefit your life. There are other voices out there saying similar things and I'll be pointing to a bundle of books later this week ...